Aug 10, 2012

Be Still and Know that I am God!!!


(Psalm 64:10)

We have all heard these words from time to time but, what exactly do they mean? And do we really heed them?
Let's first look at the meaning of the words still and know. Websters dictionary gives these meanings.
Still...... abstaining from motion,sedentary, quiet, free from noise or turbulence,without movement.
Know...... to perceive or understand as fact or truth; to apprehend clearly and with certainty,to be cognizant or aware of, to be or feel certain of the truth or accuracy of .
So what exactly is God saying to us when He stells us to be Still and to Know? It is my understanding that when things come up in life and they always do and will , that when we take it to our Father God, and we hear Him say... "Be still and know that I am God; that even though at the moment it looks like we have to do something or that he isn't moving on our behalf , that He wants us to just stop doing long enough to put our faith in Him to handle things.
I have found often times in my own life there are times when I am impatient  it seems like He is not hearing us, that in my human nature I rush in to get things done or moving along on my own steam and then things seem to turn out a disaster pretty much every time.
But God is all seeing and all knowing and His ways are the perfect ways and His timing is the perfect timing.
Not always does God move when we want Him to ( almost never from what I have discovered ) but, when He did finally move I learned that if He had of moved on my timing or in my way that I would have missed out on something much greater that He had in store for me.
Just as any parent does , God wants the very best for His children. Do we trust Him enough to let go and wait on Him. Do we trust Him enough to be still and know that He is in control?
I urge you brothers and sisters of Christ, Be still and Know that God is taking care of our every need and desires, He is in control and will bring us through.
©2012

No comments: