May 12, 2011

All hail the POWER of Jesus' name!!!!

There is power in the name of Jesus!
All throughout the Bible we see the power of Jesus' name. Just stop for a minute and just say the name of Jesus.  Feel the power within that one name.
When we use the name of Jesus , he goes before God for us, interceding on our behalf. Because of the name of Jesus we can go boldly before the throne of God.
Through the name of Jesus we have power over demons. Not by our name but, through the name of Jesus. His name is so powerful that demons tremble and flee. Through the name of Jesus the deaf can hear and the blind can see.  Sickness and death have no power over us in the name of Jesus.
Jesus said he gave power through his name. John 14: 12-14 says:
I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done; and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name; and I will do it , so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name; and I will do it.
Notice that Jesus did not say *I will help you do it* he said *I will do it*. I don't believe this was meant as a prayer jeanie to get whatever we want for personal gain because it says *so that the Son can bring glory to the Father*. Therefore I believe it is meant that what we ask in Jesus' name needs to bring glory to God,not for meaningless selfish gain.
Jesus also says *anyone who believes*. The example I see of this is when we go to Jesus and ask us to heal us and when we don't see it we don't believe that he is answering our request. But, I believe it means believing even when we don't see it then it shall be done. Imagine the works that we christians could be doing for the Father if we truly believed when we asked it of Jesus.
All hail the POWER of Jesus' name!!!!!

No comments: