May 17, 2011

From birth to beyond! Teach me Lord!

 This blog is going to be different than my usual. This blog is sharing a bit of me and my journey.

From the time I was born I was brought up in the church. When I was young enough to live at home,we went to church every time the doors were open. I learned  a lot as a child but, as a youth and young adult  church became more of a place to meet my friends than a place to learn. Still some of the teaching sunk in.

 Where the bible says *train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they will not depart from it* I am an example of it. I strayed, I backslid, I used the teachings for my own benefit. But, as I grew up God got a hold of me and I came back to the things I had been taught as a child. I came back to God.

Since then , it has been a huge learning experience for me. And the more I learned the more I wanted to know. You can read the bible and then feel like you've read a good book.
God has given me the desire in my heart to not just read the word but, to learn the word, study the word, dig through the word and find the meaning of what God's saying to me.

Now at this point of my life God has brought me to a place in my life where I want more of him and to know more of him. He has brought me to a wonderful church where the teaching is  right at the level I need it, where the leadership is open to being asked questions and taking the time to explain the meaning(not that other churches didn't but, that I wasn't at the point in my life to ask). 

I have a feeling that God is doing something big in my life and  it's about to be birthed forward. Because from a child till now and beyond he has never given up on me but, has brought me through and has continued to develop me. And God isn't through with me yet. As I learn from God , I find that it only makes me crave more from Him and I believe He will continue taking me forward until the day he takes me home.

My advise to anyone is If you truly want to know God ...... get hungry; really hungry, and then yield to the almighty teaching Of God.

No comments: