May 15, 2011

Going to church

what does going to church mean to you?

some go to church for tradition, some go for ritual,
others go to church because it's the place to be seen,
some go to church to meet God;and then some go
to church for reasons very much like mine.

for me: yes I was raised that you need to be in
church whenever the doors are open. but no, that is not
the reasons that I have for going. No I don't go to meet
God because God is ALWAYS with me. But, my reasons are as
follows:
I go to church for a refreshing of my spirit, I go for the
preaching or teaching. Much like going to school, you can
read it for yourself but, to gain others insight on things
of the Bible broadens your prospective.
I also go to church for corporate worship, I spend time every
day in worship but, there is just something special about
coperate worship. but, yes, I also go for the assembling of
other believers. Getting together with other believers some
how ministers to your soul. And God says in his word* forsake
not the assembling of believers*Hebrews 10:25

so dear friends what are your reasons for going or not going
to church? Do we need to rethink the motives of going to church?
Do we need to look toward receiving more out of our experiences of going to church?

No comments: