May 16, 2011

Lord help me to always be teachable!

Today , i want to put my thoughts down about being teachable( my own experiences). I have found that as long as I remain teachable God teaches me something new each day. But, I have also learned that If i get to acting like a know it all and make myself unteachable that I am stepping away from God a bit and need to take a step back and repent and humble myself before the Lord and ask him to teach me again. I feel that if you have nothing more to learn that it's time to either be with the Lord or take a thorough check up on your life because there are things you think you know that you really don't. Be open hearted and pliable so that the potter can mold you his way.
I have been in and out of church(mostly in but, there have been times that I did backslide) for almost 50 years now and am still learning that things I thought I knew I  really didn't. Such as: last night at church  Pastor Don preached on the 8 ways to praise God. Truly I can tell you I have never heard this before. I have read about praise many times and what I thought to be praise is only the beginning . I thought that if you pray with arms  stretched out to him and speaking words of love to my Lord it was praising  Him.
That was only a small fraction of what praise really is and as you add each of the other types of praise to your worship , you go deeper and deeper into the courts of God. Amazing... I want to touch God with my praises.
Each day as I write these blogs God teaches me something new that I never knew the way He is showing them to me. It's amazing that you can read your bible and think you understand it but, then if you read allowing God to open your eyes and teach you ; you go so much deeper in your journey towards a closer walk with him.

No comments: