Jun 2, 2011

A prophet is not without honor!!!!

 One day as I was talking with Brother Carlos about a loved one whom i was trying to talk to about the Lord and they were just not hearing it from me. He responded with the statement that * A prophet is not welcome in his hometown or his own home*. That statement stayed with me and I thought on it for a time and this morning the Lord brought the verse to my attention to write about. The verse is found in (Matthew 13:57) *And they were offended in him. But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor, save in his own country, and in his own house.*

As I was  stewing on this , I asked God* well what then should we do about our unsaved loved ones needing to be saved?* And here is what I feel he was saying to me.

We can not just give up on them but, I believe we must be willing to give them to God and let him deal with them. The bible says that* the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.* (James 5:16). I believe we need to give our unsaved loved ones over to God praying fervently for their salvation, and be willing to let God take care of them  and not interfere . that doesn't mean we stop praying, and it doesn't mean that we will not be the one to lead them to the Lord. We may not but, does that really matter as long as the do come to know the Lord? It may not even be in our time frame. They may have to go through some things that we would like to protect them from but, God knows the beginning from the end and He will bring about the situation that is just right for each individually.

We can let them know that we are there if they ever want to talk or ever need us but, we need to let God handle the rest. We as loved ones tend to go to God and say Lord I am so concerned for my loved ones salvation and I give them to you knowing that you will save them in your own time but, then we step in and either take it back because it seems nothing is happening or we don't like what they are going through.

We need to realize that God loves them more than we do and we need to entrust them to God. Then take your hands out of it and just keep praying for them.

As a side note : for many this will not apply. There are those who have had the privileged of leading their loved ones to the Lord. For those , I say you are blessed with that opportunity.
I sincerely hope this has been of help to someone as I know it has to me. God bless you!

No comments: