Jul 2, 2011

God even cares about the little stuff!

*Behold the birds of the air; for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into the barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much better then they?* Matthew 6:26 KJV

 We tend to talk about the big , mighty and miraculous things that God has done for us. Of the healings and the deliverances, the financial blessings and the mighty way he is using us. And don't get me wrong, those things are amzingly awesome; but we need to take notice that God is in the small stuff as well.

There are times that we call on God for things that are everyday little things and don't even realize that we are doing it. But, God hears us and he is there for us. Have you ever lost your keys and said oh God help me find my keys? Or maybe we stub our toe and we cry out God take this pain away? We don't even notice but, God reminded you where you put your keys or God took away that ache in your toe.  God is there and  answering those little requests and we most of the time don't even realize it or we'll say Ah  I  found my keys, or we think the pain just went away in our toe. No, God heard you and answered your little prayers.

Here are a few of my own examples. After moving back to Springfield I was in need of completely furnishing my house having come from an apartment that was rented completely furnished. I had made up my mind that I wanted certain colors through out my house but, knew that money was tight and for a time frame I would have to make due with what I could get. A woman in our church offered us some living room furniture and when we picked it up it was the exact color of what I had wanted in my house.  God cares so much for each of us that He wants to give us even the simplest desires.

*Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of thine heart.* Psalm 37:4 KJV

Here is another example of how God cares about even the small stuff in our lives. One day I was walking to the school to pick my granddaughter up at the end of her day; and it began to rain. I just said " Lord, I am not asking you to with hold the rain that we so badly need ; but, would you please hold it off long enough for us to get back home?" The rain stopped and within moments of us arriving home the heavens opened up and it poured down it's rain.

God cares about even the small every day things in our lives just as much as he does the mighty and miraculous needs that we have. Take the time to stop and give him thanks for all the little things he does for us.

No comments: