Jul 13, 2011

Our hearts, God's heart; are we a man after God's own heart? Part#5

                                   We must be in unity with all believers!
                                                                Genesis 11:6

*Look, He said, the people are united and they all speak the same language. After this, nothing they set out to accomplish will be impossible for them.*
When we are in unity there is nothing we can not do or accomplish , God said so in His word. This is the very reason that satan's main goal is to cause divisions amongst the body of believers.I believe the same goes for the different churches and faiths, one saying we are of this denomination and another of this one, and yet another saying we are of no denomination we just follow Jesus. We are all of this very same belief in Christ and we all serve the same God so we all need to be in unity instead of allowing satan to cause division and strife amongst us just because of a title our church carries. 1 Corinthians 1:12-13 says it very plainly. *Some say, I am a follower of Paul, while others say, I am a follower of Apollos, and yet others say, I follow Peter, and even then others say, I only follow Christ. Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you?  Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not!*We need to be in unity as one body of believers.

In Psalm 133: 1&3b it says * How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony. And there the Lord has pronounced His blessing even life everlasting.*When we are in unity God pours out bountiful blessings, even more than we could ever imagine or hope for.

In John 17:20-23 we see that Jesus prayed for all to be one with each other just as Jesus was one with God.
*I am praying not only for the disciples but, also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one- as you are in me Father, and I am in you.And may they be in us so that the world will believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me.May they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.*

In Acts 2:1 we see that on the day of Pentecost they were all together in unity and then as Peter preached God released the power of the Holy Spirit upon them and 3000 souls were saved and added to the body that very day. Where there is unity among believers there is revival.

If we are to be one in spirit then we must be of the same mind, the same love, and intent on the same goal. We must be in agreement with one another especially concerning spiritual things, and we must have the same love, the love of God. There is no room in the body for division over doctrinal issues. We push non believers away from the church when we all claim to have the answer yet, we all have a different one.

It is unity in God's will that is the key, not unity in man's ideas. God says that real unity comes when we, with the right motivation of heart, unite to achieve His will on earth. That is the desire of God's heart. Only through unity can we come close to reaching the true heart of God.

No comments: